DivaDolly is an ingenious patented performance wardrobe and an intelligent investment into your performance lifestyle. If you take good care of your DivaDolly, it will be sure to take care of you. To maximize the life of your DivaDolly, we thoroughly recommend taking our self-guided DivaDolly tour as outlined here. By taking the tour, beginning to end, you can be confident that you'll get the very most out of your DivaDolly. You'll also avoid any embarrassing mistakes that might lead to damage or accidents. We hope you love your DivaDolly as much as we do!
So let’s start the tour shall we?
STEP 1 Attach the wheels... in the right spot.
Your DivaDolly comes packed with 6 wheels; 4 corner wheels, and 2 locking center wheels. You can easily tell them apart. The 2 locking center wheels have a red button on them, while the 4 corner wheels do not.
Where do they go? You got it, 4 corner wheels at the corners, and 2 locking center wheels in the center. It’s all in the name right? It seems so, but we can’t say how many people make the mistake of putting their wheels in the wrong spot, only to wonder why their fully loaded DivaDolly tips over backstage. Yikes! Don’t make this mistake Diva.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by laying your DivaDolly onto its back, on a clean soft surface to prevent scratches.
- Take the 4 identical locking wheels (the wheels without a red button), and attach them one by one to each corner by:
- Looking closely at the wheel insertion point, you’ll see two sets of ridges, one large and one smaller. You’ll also notice on the base of the DivaDolly protrusions, one larger and one smaller. Match these up with your wheel grooves and gently glide and click the wheel in place. No force here please! Continue with the remaining 3 corner wheels.
- Finally, take your 2 locking, center wheels and attach them in the same manner to the two remaining central attachment points.
- Didn’t that feel satisfying? Now stand your DivaDolly proudly up onto its wheels to continue.
STEP 2 Open your DivaDolly
This magical moment is when all the mysteries of your DivaDolly are revealed.
- Run your hand around the lid of the DivaDolly. You’ll notice 4 metal clasps, 2 on the sides, and 2 along the front. Lift each gently upward to unfasten.
- Inside, you’ll see inside an accessory tray with a clear lid. This tray is attached at the bottom with Velcro and is removable, just so you know!
- Next up, let’s open the door. Along the side you’ll see two thinner metal clips. Loosen these, and gently swing the door open.
- Que epic music for the big reveal. Take a moment to smile, enjoy the view, and think about all the fun things you could put inside.
STEP 3 Park your DivaDolly
Whenever you have the front door open, it’s best practice to park your DivaDolly using the fancy locking center wheels. This will keep everything evenly balanced and sturdy, even when fully loaded.
- With the lid and front door still open, kneel down and find the two locking center wheels located directly under the draws.
- Position the wheels with the red buttons facing towards you.
- Next, press down on each of the red buttons until you hear a click. The wheels are now locked, and your DivaDolly has officially been parked. You’ll need to remember to unlock them again before moving your DivaDolly. More on this soon.
STEP 4 Close zippered garment sleeve
Garment bags are expensive. Garment bags are bulky. Garment bags are sooooo yesterday. Neither DivaDollys nor Divas need garment bags, so feel free to recycle them into parachutes for your teddys, make a new set of picnic blankets, or create a funky new dress! So many options. You’ll also fit a load more costumes inside without them. Bye bye garment bags! At the top of the inside of the door is a hook for hanging costumes. In transit, you can keep all your costumes secure and protected by closing over the zippered garment sleeve (See? Told you we wouldn’t need those garment bags!).
- You’ll find the zippered garment sleeve rolled up on each side along the sides of the door. Simply loosen the Velcro and unroll.
- The zip works from top to bottom, in the opposite direction to a jacket, so once you’ve got your costumes on the costume hook, bring the top parts of the sleeve together to meet, slide the zip to the top, insert the right size, and zip downwards to close. Easy!
STEP 5 Raise the garment rack
- In the inner left and right corners of the door, you’ll see black bars with two black clips on either side.
- Flick open the clips on one side and extend the bar upwards, gently now, as far as it goes.
- Close the two clasps again to secure.
- Repeat on the other side.
- In a long black pouch in the inner right corner of the door you’ll find a T-Bar. Shimmy the pouch out of the securing elastic, and remove the T-Bar.
- Slide the T-Bar into the tops of the two extended bars.
- Your garment rack is now ready to load with costumes! Simply hook your hand under the hangers on your garment hook, and transfer them up onto the extended garment rack. Done!
STEP 6 Dissemble Garment Rack & secure costumes on the garment hook
- Remove costumes from the T-Bar, and reposition them onto the internal door costume hook.
- Remove the T-Bar attachment, slide back into the accompanying pouch and secure in the elastic loop in the inner right corner of the door.
- Open the 2 black clasps on each of the extended bars, lower the bars and close the securing clasps.
- Zip up the garment sleeve as described in step 4 to keep your costumes secure in transit.
Pssst: Super top bonus tip: Backstage can be a busy crazy place, so when you’re on stage, or away from your DivaDolly, we recommend leaving the top lid open and your costumes hanging on the costume rack, but latching the door closed. This reduces the risk of anyone knocking your DivaDolly over while you’re not around!
STEP 7 Unlock locking center wheels
- Press the red buttons at the top of the locking wheels to click and release.
STEP 8 Close DivaDolly & protect
- Gently close the main door, and ensure the two sides of the DivaDolly come together in alignment.
- Close the side latches. No force remember! If the latches aren’t closing easily, it means the doors aren’t aligned. Gently open and close the door again, using your other hand if needed to bring the tops and sides together evenly.
- Only after the side latches are closed, gently close the lid.
- Press downwards lightly on the 4 closing clasps around the lid. These should close easily, if they don’t, you need to go back and check the door is latched together properly, and everything is aligned. Once again, no force.
- To protect the surface of your DivaDolly during transit, we highly recommend covering it with a slip cover. After all, you wouldn’t go around with your fancy new Smartphone without a cover would you?
STEP 9 Take your DivaDolly with you wherever you’re going!
- Raise the telescopic handle.
- Simply push and glide along! Your DivaDolly is fitted with 360 degree swivel wheels so in most cases there’s no need to tilt your DivaDolly and pull from behind you like a travel suitcase, actually we advise this against it unless absolutely necessary!
- Take care on uneven surfaces Diva.
STEP 10 Getting your DivaDolly in and out of a car safely
Just like with a regular fully packed suitcase, a DivaDolly can get a little heavy, especially if you have multiple performance outfits, shoes, makeup, haircare and lunch packed inside. That's why we recommend that only adults, or strong teenagers move the DivaDolly in and out of your vehicle. There is a little technique required however because you want to avoid scratching the surface of your DivaDolly (this is where a Slipcover comes in handy), dropping it, or worse, hurting your back. So please do take care!
There are many techniques, we'll share our favorite here. But, whatever technique you choose, we highly recommend first practicing a few times with your DivaDolly empty.
- Roll the DivaDolly up close to your open trunk, and stand facing your car, with your DivaDolly between yourself and the car.
- Place one hand on the top handle, and your other hand on the side handle.
- Bend your knees slightly and pull/swing your side handle holding the handle upwards, lifting the DivaDolly towards a sideways position. The wheels will go from touching the ground in a sort of 6 o’clock upright position, to pointing outwards in a 3 o’clock sideways position. As you make this action, bend your knee slightly, the same side as your side handle hand, and slide a knee slightly towards the raising DivaDolly as you root yourself into the floor with the other foot for stability. Your bent leg should act as leverage helping to move the DivaDolly up and into position, and also act as a prop to hold any excess weight. This eliminates any need to bend and lift from your back, which is always a bad idea!
- Holding the DivaDolly securely, step towards the car and you lift with both arms slightly to slide the DivaDolly into the trunk. Lay it down either on its side or back.
- To remove the DivaDolly from the car, place one hand on the top handle, and one at the base, and lift up onto the lip of the trunk.
- Keeping one hand on the top handle, move the other onto the side handle, slide out gently while slowly lowering the hand with the handle, pivoting the wheels back from the sideways 3 o’clock position, to standing on its wheels at 6 o’clock position.
- Please don’t use the wheels to lift your DivaDolly, it is both unsafe but may also cause the wheels to break.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR DIVADOLLY
- Your DivaDolly has been engineered to carry up to 55 pounds. Loading in excessive weight may damage the suitcase and make it difficult to maneuver into and out of the car. Pack smartly Diva.
- Never stand or sit on your DivaDolly!
- Never apply force to close latches, or you may damage your DivaDolly. A clasp or clip not closing easily is simply a sign that the door is likely out of alignment. Simply open the door and gently close it again to rectify this.
- When climbing or descending stairs, lift the DivaDolly and place it on each step. Do not pull your DivaDolly up or downstairs, as you may break the wheels and potentially cause damage.
- Be sure to store your DivaDolly in a cool, dry environment. Never store in a hot shed or attic as the heat can damage your DivaDolly and void your warranty.
- Be sure to have your DivaDolly out of direct sunlight as this could cause potential fading, and warping.
- To clean up any mess or spills inside, simply wipe down with an antibacterial wipe or a soft, damp cloth.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR COSTUMES WHILE INSIDE THE DIVADOLLY
- We recommend NOT using wooden hangers as they will weigh down your DivaDolly making it hard to lift, and will greatly limit the number of costumes you can fit inside. We recommend instead our custom made DivaDolly costume hangers which are just the perfect match for a DivaDolly and your costumes.
- To ensure your DivaDolly remains stable and never tips, always be sure your DivaDolly is parked with the central wheels in forward position and locked before loading costumes onto the T-Bar.
- Tuck longer costumes into the netting pouch at the bottom of the door.
- Zip up the garment sleeve to keep everything tight and in place.
REMOVING AND REPLACING DRAWERS
This trick is invaluable, should anything ever slip down the back of your DivaDolly inner compartment.
- To begin, ensure the brakes are applied to the locking center wheels.
- Open the drawer you’d like to remove as far as can go without force.
- By looking closely, you can see one little plastic clip on each side of the drawer in the center of the rail. Push and hold these clips down on both sides simultaneously and gently shimmy the drawer out of the railing bracket.
- To replace, slide the draw railing back into the railing socket and gently push to close until you hear a click.
- Open and close the door to ensure it is inserted correctly and is gliding smoothly on the rails.
- Never apply force when removing or replacing the drawers as you may break the clips and void the warranty.
WARRANTY & GUARANTEE
DivaDolly offers a 90-day guarantee from the date of purchase on DivaDolly, offering repair or replacement if it is found to be defective due to faulty materials, workmanship or function.
This guarantee is only valid if the DivaDolly is used in the country in which it is sold. You must provide proof of purchase before any work can be performed.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Under your DivaDolly guarantee, DivaDolly LLC shall not be liable for costs of repair or replacement of a product incurred as a result of:
- Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use or care, misuse, neglect, careless operation or handling which is not in accordance with the DivaDolly user guide.
- The use of the DivaDolly for anything other than the intended use.
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of DivaDolly.
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than DivaDolly or its authorized agents.
- Normal wear and tear.
Conditions not covered by warranty
- damage, failure, fading, or deterioration (of the whole of the product or its components) caused by normal wear & tear; or
- damage caused by sitting on a product or loading with excessive weight, or
- damaged caused by closing product by force, or
- damage caused by improper cleaning or use of improper cleaning products; or
- damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint; or
- damage caused by improper storage, such as storage in temperatures over 86C; or
- accidental damage to wheels; or
- damage (including corrosion) caused by excessive or irregular use, neglect, abuse, assembly, placement, including damage caused by failing to follow any care instructions provided with the product; or
- damage caused by trauma caused by airline baggage handlers, or loading into and out of vehicles; or
- damage caused when the product has been used in commercial environments or in a manner or for a purpose which is greater than, or exceptional to normal use; or
- breakage or damage to mirrors; or
- damage caused by Acts of God; or
- defects in products sold "As Is" which have been brought to your attention prior to purchase.